Apple Pie filling, a layer of sweetened cream cheese, sandwiched between layers of crescent dough topped with cinnamon sugar. This Apple Pie Cheesecake Dessert recipe is delicious and so easy.
Okay. Doesn’t that just look dreamy?
If you’ve followed CC for any length of time, you’re probably well aware of the fact Crescent rolls are one of my favorite foods, and when used for desserts, they’re even better.
Make sure to check my Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, Easy Cream Cheese Danish, or Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Bars. If you want some Apple inspired breakfast, then try my Easy Apple Pie Bites, or Easy Apple Pie Danish.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Dessert is quick and easy with minimal effort. It starts and ends with Crescent Rolls, with simplest apple pie and cheesecake filling. GOOD TIMES.
How to Make Apple Pie Cheesecake Dessert
This recipe is so easy to make in just a few simple steps.
Bottom Crust: layer the bottom of a greased 8×8 baking dish with half of crescent roll sheet.
Cheesecake Filling: beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until combined and fluffy. Spread it over the bottom crust.
Apple Pie Filling : Layer the apple filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
Top Crust: Add the other half of the crescent rolls on top of the apples.
Butter: brush melted butter over the top crust.
Cinnamon-Sugar: sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the entire top crust to cover.
Bake: bake until golden brown, then cool completely (or chill overnight) before slicing.
The top will be crunchy and the center creamy, and the overall taste is very sweet. You should let it cool for at least 1 hour, but I usually chill it overnight (which makes it easier to cut) and then bring to room temperature before serving.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Dessert
- Glass 8 x 8 pan
- 1 8oz crescent rolls
- 1 4oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the canned apple filling option
- 1 can apple pie filling
for the homemade Apple Filling Option
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 1 teaspoon
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray, or line parchment paper with overhang.
- Unroll the package of crescent rolls and cut into even halves. Pinch together the seams and place one of the halves into the bottom of the baking pan, making sure to reach edges and keep together.
- * bake the first layer of crescent roll dough till just done maybe 5-8 minutes. (Optional, that way I make sure it is done. I don't like raw dough)
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Layer the apple filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Roll the remaining half crescent roll over the top and stretch to the edges and seal. Brush across the entire top of the crescent roll with the melted butter. Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Eat warm (it will be a hot mess!) or let cool and chill for several hours before serving. Slice into triangles or squares, top with ice cream or drizzle with a little honey, if you like and serve.
In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, spices, brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Cook over medium-high heat, for 4-6 minutes or until apples very slightly softened.
In a small dish combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are tender, and filling is thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Cool.