Full of flavor, tender chicken coated in cheddar cheese, ritz cracker crumbs and baked to crispy perfection. Top with a creamy sauce, Crispy Cheddar Chicken is to die for!
This Crispy Cheddar Chicken recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. The flavors blend to make it rather tasty. It is great plain or with creamy sauce. Why not give it a try?
LOOK HOW GOLDEN THEY ARE!! Just imagine that crunch when you bite into the juicy chicken inside!
How to make crispy cheddar chicken
Alright, so here’s the secret!
All you do is arrange your breaded chicken breasts in a 9×13 pan and bake. Cook sauce ingredients on medium high heat, and serve over chicken along with fresh parsley.
And to follow , this simple steps…
I’m telling you — this step is an absolute must for anytime you want to bake chicken breasts in the oven. Brining or marinating chicken is super-easy, it makes your chicken extra juicy, and best of all, it can be effectively done in just 15-20 minutes (or overnight).
Chicken breast is a blank canvas and tastes great with fresh herbs and seasonings as well. Dip each chicken breast (or tender, if that’s what you’re using) in the cheese, then the seasoned ritz crackers crumbs making sure they are well coated.
How long to bake chicken breasts? And what is the correct temperature to bake chicken? As with any chicken recipe, the answer here is yes based on the thickness of the boneless chicken breasts you use.
If your chicken breasts are trimmed thin they will bake faster than a thick chicken breast. You bake the chicken until the edges are golden brown, or use a meat thermometer and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Using a meat thermometer will help ensure your chicken is cooked all the way through without over or under cooking.
As chicken is finishing cooking, place sauce ingredients into a small pot and cook on medium high heat. Stir until well combined and serve over chicken along with fresh parsley.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 3 cups ritz cracker crumbs or panko breadcrumbs about 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, or any similar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Milk or Buttermilk
- 3 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 14 oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks or strips. Place chicken breast strips/chunks in a bowl of milk/buttermilk. Let it soak for 20 -30 min or overnight.
- Place cheese and cracker crumbs/panko into 2 separate shallow dishes or small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs/panko and stir to combine.
- Remove the each chicken from the milk and press thoroughly into the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs/panko.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Lay the chicken inside the pan and sprinkle with dried parsley. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken is cooking, place sauce ingredients into a small pot and cook on medium high heat. Stir until well combined and serve over chicken along with fresh parsley. ENJOY!