Full of flavor, moist, tender melt in your mouth chicken and best of all, simple to make!
How can a dish with only 6 ingredients taste SO good?
Don’t let the simplicity fool you. It’s also outrageously delicious! It’s always good to have a couple quick and easy recipes up your sleeve.
It all started when I was making my meal menu/grocery list for the week, I have a set of “go-to” meals that could be made quickly with minimum effort and planning, but there I was… stuck!
It was definitely a sick day!
Hopefully, chicken is a wonderful starting point for all kinds of easy meals, in addition of mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and a few easy seasonings. With 5 minutes of prep time and around 40-45 minutes of baking time – wonderful melt in your mouth chicken was ready.
Anyone who worked with chicken breasts before know that they can be incredibly versatile, yet also incredibly tricky to work with, especially when baked in the oven. Cook them the wrong way and you’ll end up with a dry, rubbery, tough, and flavorless disaster.
But cooked the right way?! We’re talkin’ juicy, tender, flavorful, perfectly baked chicken breasts that you will love.
Melt in your mouth chicken Ingredients:
To make this oven baked melt in your mouth chicken recipe, you will need:
– boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( cut each into 3 large chunks or strips)
– mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a healthier option)
– parmesan cheese (or sharp Cheddar, or Asiago)
– seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic powder
How to make melt in your mouth chicken
Alright, so here’s the secret!
All you do is arrange your chicken breasts in a 9×13 pan, mix the toppings together in a separate bowl, spread it on top, top with additional cheese and bake. And to follow , this simple steps…
I’m telling you — this step is an absolute must for anytime you want to bake chicken breasts in the oven. Brining or marinating chicken is super-easy, it makes your chicken extra juicy, and best of all, it can be effectively done in just 15-20 minutes (or overnight).
Chicken breast is a blank canvas and tastes great with fresh herbs and seasonings as well.
Adding mayo/yogurt helps add in moisture and flavor keeping the meat tender.
Because chicken breasts are white meat, they lack the fat needed to keep the meat moist.
How long to bake chicken breasts? And what is the correct temperature to bake chicken? As with any chicken recipe, the answer here is yes based on the thickness of the boneless chicken breasts you use.
If your chicken breasts are trimmed thin they will bake faster than a thick chicken breast.
You bake the chicken until the juices run clear, or use a meat thermometer and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Using a meat thermometer will help ensure your chicken is cooked all the way through without over or under cooking.
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a healthier option)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (or sharp Cheddar, or Asiago) divided
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks or strips. Place chicken breast strips/chunks in a bowl of milk/buttermilk. Let it soak for 20 -30 min or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Place chicken into a 9x13 baking dish and spread the mixture evenly on top of the chicken
breasts, and sprinkle with remain parmesan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through. You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed. Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.