This outstanding parmesan crusted chicken recipe is a MUST on your chicken repertoire!
It’s quick, easy and tastes great! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner but also appealing enough when having guests over. Crispy on the outside and tender inside, served on a bed of greens with lemon dressing and shaved parmesan on top will be loved by everyone…
What ingredients do I need For Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Seasoned Italian bread crumbs
Fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, chives or rosemary
Black pepper, freshly ground
Butter, Olive Oil
Salad greens, lemon wedges and shaved parmesan for serving
How To Prepare Chicken
For best results chicken must be sliced thin, flat and even, so that you get thin filets. This ensures even cooking. If the chicken you bought is thick, half each chicken breast horizontally and pound to about 1/2″ thick.
What About Cheese?
I certainly recommend to use freshly grated cheese, the finer grated cheese the better! You can also use store bought shredded Parmesan cheese. Depending on your taste use a bit more or less cheese.
I love fresh rosemary or thyme and use them instead or along with the Italian seasoning.
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
First prepare three large plates.
On first plate combine grated parmesan cheese, Italian bread
crumbs and fresh herbs.
On second plate combine eggs and water until very smooth.
On third plate combine the flour and remaining spices (garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper).
Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with flour mixture then dip both sides into the egg mixture letting any excess egg drip
off and dredge both sides in the parmesan mixture turning a few times to coat well pressing lightly.
Heat half of butter and oil in a large sauce pan. When the oil is hot put 2 or 3 chicken breasts to the pan and cook at medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Add rest of the butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
Suggestions For Serving:
Serve the chicken immediately on a bed of greens with shaved parmesan and lemon dressing. This is a complete meal but If wanted you can serve this meal with some cooked vegetables or mashed potatoes.
If you have any leftovers to reheat simply put it in the oven to get warm and crispy again. Microwave is not recommended because they will lose crispiness.
Easy Parmesan Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced and pound to about 1/2" thick.
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, chives or rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salad greens, lemon wedges and shaved parmesan for serving
- Combine grated parmesan, Italian bread crumbs and fresh herbs on a large plate.
- Combine the eggs and water on another large plate until very smooth.
- Combine the flour and remaining spices on another plate.
- Heat half of butter and oil in a large saute pan. Dredge the chicken in flour mix, then egg mix, then the parmesan mix.
- Cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add rest of the butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of greens with shaved parmesan and lemon dressing.