Houston will definitely be the center of everything from January 28th to February 5th.
The city will certainly be busy for the next couple weeks and there are parties, concerts and events all over the place. Of course, it will host the 51st annual food festival known as Super Bowl, and I know what we’re all thinking about: Choosing right appetizer dip. (Wait. You mean some people watch the football game? Weird. ) lol
Personally, I’m not that in to football. I am, however, really in to the parties that go along with sports. Any excuse to meet up with friends for drinks and appetizers is fine by me.
As fast food titans are scrambling for a slice of the action, making “track your calories” almost impossible, but don’t be afraid, Skinny 7 Layer Dip is solution, you can still track your calories and enjoy your favorite dip during game day.
This stuff is so utterly crazy addictive that I have actually sat here and struggled to find words to describe it. It is heaven. It is happiness. You will be the hit of the party if you bring this.
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 8oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with a fork (or put in blender), add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and salt & pepper up to taste.
- In another bowl, combine greek yogurt and taco seasoning mix.
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork, into a chunky purée. I like to use the beans just like this, but if you like, you can give them a spin a food processor to make a very smooth purée.
- Starting with the lettuce layer on the bottom of a 8 x 11 clear baking dish or onto any other large serving platter, add each layer on top of the next, ending with sprinkling the cheese on top.
- Serve chilled with your choice of corn chips. Enjoy!