Fueling up for the big game?
January. The longest month of the year, after all the festive events, somehow everything subsides. After a very comfort and rich New Year’s table, the Super Bowl follows, the biggest calorie feast for many Americans. I made a deal with a group of friends to watch the game together and it’s my turn to bring the “accompanying program”. In addition to classic chicken wings, chili, loaded nachos, miniature sweets, I opted for a dip.
Dip was the HUGE HIT, as it almost disappeared in the first quarter. And by the end of the match, snacks were the only thing to eat.
So I have to give you one piece of advice: If you are willing to watch a game at a friend’s house, make sure you don’t go empty-handed … bring the easy spinach artichoke game day winners dip and watch how you become the big hero at the party! Or if you organize in your home, be sure to make it a double.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach,thawed and drained
- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 oz cream cheese,softened
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
- * slices of baguette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Place garlic in a small baking dish.
- Bake in the microwave for 10sek,until soft.
- When cool enough to touch, squeeze softened garlic from skins.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until blended.
- Transfer to an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with lightly toasted slices of baguette, crackers, tortilla chips or fresh veggies.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until blended. Transfer to an oven-proof dish,