All the flavors of real s’mores are incorporated into one amazing cake! S’mores Icebox Cake might just be my favorite icebox cake to date, with layers of decadent chocolate ganache, marshmallow creme and cake-like graham crackers.
Okay, this will be my last no bake dessert recipe for a little while, I promise.
After making the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert and Summer Berry Delight I HAD to make another one and what screams summer more than s’mores???
The wonder of the No Bake S’mores Icebox Cake is that you can have ALL the great taste of real S’mores but without the campfire! Just put layers of graham crackers, marshmallow creme and chocolate, stick it in the icebox, aka the refrigerator. After a few hours, the crackers absorb the moisture from the marshmallow creme and chocolate and develop a cake-like texture. You can have your cake without even baking!
I can’t really decide which no bake dessert I like better, so you guys need to make them all and let me know which one is your favorite, okay!
- 1 box graham crackers (approx 3 sleeves)
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ Cups marshmallow creme (approx 1.5 small jars)
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows, divided
- Chopped chocolate, for garnish
- Beat 3 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Add marshmallow crème and keep beating for 3 minutes. Fold in 1 cup of the miniature marshmallows and set aside.
- Heat remaining heavy cream until simmering. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then stir until combined and creamy. Set aside to cool until mixture is lukewarm. If the mixture is too runny place it in the fridge briefly to set before assembling the cake.
- Spread a thin layer of marshmallow mixture in a 9x13 pan just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more, breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a layer of marshmallow mixture over grahams and top with a layer of chocolate ganache.
- Repeat the graham-marshmallow-chocolate layers 1 more time.
- Place graham crackers on top of chocolate ganache layer, then remaining marshmallow mixture, and you should reach the top of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- When ready to serve, heat broiler. Garnish cake with remaining mini marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chopped chocolate.
- Broil 1 minute to toast marshmallows.