Cream Cheese Banana Bread – light, moist and delicious! This is the BEST homemade banana bread recipe! Perfect for breakfast, snacks, and dessert!
Thought banana bread couldn’t get any better?
There is something so perfect about this easy quick bread. It’s the perfect not too cheeky breakfast, great afternoon snack, and delicious midnight treat. Any type of food that I can enjoy throughout the day is a winner for me.
For the banana bread, you only need a few things but not many!
Unsalted Melted Butter
Large Eggs, at room temp.
Pure Vanilla Extract
All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
Very Ripe Bananas (measured without peel)
Cream Cheese- it is imperative that it is softened to room temp.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE-FILLED BANANA BREAD
Make the banana bread butter: In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Mix in eggs, brown sugar, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream into the mixture. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix gently until well combined.
DIVIDE: Pour half the banana batter into a prepared loaf pan and spread with a spatula.
Make the cream cheese filling: To make the cream cheese filling in a medium bowl whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined and totally smooth. Once fully combined, whisk in the egg until fully combined.
Layer cream cheese filling evenly over mixture in pan.
DIVIDE: Pour the remaining banana batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
BAKE: Bake at 350 for 50 min. Cool and serve.
How to Store and Freeze Banana Bread
Banana bread can keep at room temperature for up to four days.
If you’re just going to store it overnight, you can keep it directly in the loaf pan and just throw a clean kitchen towel over it, or you can put it in an airtight container.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow Cakescottage on Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Loaf pan 9 x 5 – inch
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
For Cream Cheese mixture:
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Spray one 9 x 5 x 3 inches loaf pan with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Mix in eggs, brown sugar, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream into the mixture. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix gently until well combined.
- Pour half the banana batter into a prepared loaf pan and spread with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour and spread over the banana batter. Pour the remaining banana batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. (Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the bread.)
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!