Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cake is the ultimate chocolate peanut butter dessert recipe. A fudgy chocolate cake layer, creamy peanut butter filling, and silky chocolate frosting on top are such a fantastic combination. It’s rich, creamy, smooth, decadent, and to die for.
Do you like Chocolate? How about Peanut Butter? How about together on a CAKE?
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
There are 3 decadent layers:
- Chocolate fudge cake – The fudge is baked into the cake batter, this is actually a moist and delicious texas sheet cake.
- Creamy peanut butter layer – The peanut butter layer is just that…plain peanut butter slathered onto the delicious chocolate cake!
- Rich chocolate frosting – I love this kind of icing. It’s simple to make, and, so soft and gooey.
It’s hard to decide my favorite part, but I think it’s the chocolate fudge layer! Chocolate heaven!
What You Need to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
Unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark)
Espresso powder (optional but enhances the chocolate flavor)
Creamy peanut butter
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow Cakescottage on Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cake is the ultimate chocolate peanut butter dessert recipe. A fudgy chocolate cake layer, creamy peanut butter filling, and silky chocolate frosting on top are such a fantastic combination. It’s rich, creamy, smooth, decadent, and to die for.Print Pin Rate
- Glass 9X13-inch Pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's Dark
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder optional but enhances the chocolate flavor
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling
- 16 ounces about 1 & 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9” x 13” baking pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and baking soda.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder(if using), and water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat chocolate mixture into dry mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully spread peanut butter over warm cake. Cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/4 cup cocoa, and buttermilk in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread chocolate frosting over peanut butter on the cake. Cut into squares.