The holidays have begun! You can feel the festive atmosphere at every step!
And of course, despite all the obligations, we have taken the time to take our children and their friends to the mall to spend some time together, and take photos next to the big Christmas tree and golden chariot with a lot of store-bought gifts. The kids didn’t forget to visit KFC because their favorite are Chicken Strips. With the sound of ’’Jingle Bells’’, finally we went home after a few hours visiting the shops, sales, New Year discounts…
When we came home, we were still in a good mood, and everyone was thrilled with toys, clothes and ornaments , but something was missing… a tasty meal, like the one at KFC.
I remembered a recipe which is identical to KFC, but instead of fried chicken, a lot healthier OVEN FRIED CHICKEN was served. Kids, maybe because of the festive atmosphere or yet a good recipe, didn’t notice the difference in taste, and for me the most important thing was that this meal is prepared in a healthier way and the mood and enthusiasm were still there!
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 3 strips each
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Marinara Sauce, for dipping
- Place chicken breast strips in a bowl of milk. Let it soak for 20-30 min.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
- Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan, make sure that there are no dry spots.
- Add flour, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika in a large ziploc bag.
- Shake excess milk off of chicken, and add half of chicken stripes at a time to ziploc and shake to coat.
- Arrange coated chicken strips on the baking sheet, leaving a space between each strip.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, flip chicken with a pair of tongs, and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- You want it to be cooked through, but not overdone and dry. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed.
- Remove from the oven and drain the chicken to paper towels. Serve immediately and enjoy.