These delicious, buttery and melt in your mouth Christmas Shortbread Cookies look like they came from a fine bakeshop! Perfect for gifting and parties, people of all ages love them!
How to make Christmas Shortbread Cookies ?
Easy Christmas Shortbread Cookies
These delicious, buttery and melt in your mouth Christmas Shortbread Cookies look like they came from a fine bakeshop! Perfect for gifting and parties, people of all ages love them!Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup salted butter cold and diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- nonpareils sprinkles(any color), colored sugar for decoration
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and line with 2 sheets of parchment paper (one horizontally and one vertically), leaving a 1-inch over hang on all sides, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Slowly add in flour and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Press dough into an even layer in prepared pan, about 1/2 inch thickness (I did it with my hands first then used the bottom of a flat measuring cup to help smooth it out), and chill for about 30 minutes. Line 2 baking sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lift dough from 13 x 9 baking dish using parchment overhang on all sides. Cut desired shapes using a cookie cutters and place on prepared pans, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Re-roll scraps as many times as needed to use up the dough.
- Place cutouts in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Decorate with sprinkles and colored sugar if desired. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Chill other sheet while one is baking. Cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.