Blueberry Crumble Mini Cheesecakes are delicious just like your favorite blueberry crumble, baked on graham cracker crust and packed into perfect portable cheesecake dessert.
A perfect blueberry dessert to cap your dinner party!
Mini portions are ideal for a few reasons: most guests won’t want to eat an entire slice of cheesecake, miniature desserts typically appear more elegant, and perhaps most importantly – portion control. So even if the calories presented in each choice are the same, we perceive the amount to be greater if the food is portioned into smaller pieces, and thus are more satiated with small pieces rather than one big piece.
Still here ? Not yet baking mini cheesecakes ?
How to make Blueberry Crumble Mini Cheesecakes
Secret for the best crumble topping
Most often when looking at the method for making crumble, you are asked to cut cold butter into the other crumble ingredients.
In this recipe, simply stirring in melted butter. Not only is this quicker and less messy, it makes for a much better crumble topping.
All of the flour and oats are coated in buttery goodness, which helps them stay put on top of the blueberries. After baking, the topping is made up of golden brown crumbles with just enough crunch to stand up to the dreamy blueberry filling below.
Keep the filling simple
Only add a touch of flour to help thicken the blueberry juices, a little sugar, a pinch of salt, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
When you don’t have lemon in the kitchen, simply add a tablespoon of water, which helps moisten the flour before baking in the oven.
Blueberry Crumble Mini Cheesecakes
- Standard Muffin Pan
- 1 1/3 cups graham crackers
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar + 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16-18 muffin cups with liners. In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, melted butter and sugar together.
- Divide mixture and press inside the bottom of a muffin cups to form little crusts. (about 1 tablespoon) Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, combine all blueberry ingredients, toss gently to combine, set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for crumble topping. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender until the mixture is coarse, set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer blend together cream cheese with sugar just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, then blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Once well combined, pour on top of your mini graham cracker crusts, leaving room at the top for fruit and crumb.
- Carefully place blueberry mixture over the top, evenly covering mini cheesecakes. Finish by sprinkling a heaping tablespoon of the crumb over tops.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes, until the crumble is lightly golden brown in color. Once it's done cooking, cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.