Easy Peach Cobbler Muffins are delicious just like Grandma’s peach cobbler, with a perfect streusel topping and cinnamon flavor.
If you are a peach lover here is a great recipe for you.
Peach cobbler muffins
Peach cobbler muffins are delicious summer treat with a perfect crumble topping and cinnamon flavor. They are best with fresh peaches during peach season but you can also use frozen or canned peaches so you can enjoy them year-round.
If you use canned peaches make sure to drain them, frozen chopped peaches do not thaw and fresh peaches are better without peel for best texture.
What I love most about this delicious muffins is their tender, moist texture and abundance of juicy peaches in every bite.They are perfect for breakfast or snack. I hope you’ll enjoy in this simple recipe.
What ingredients do you need for peach cobbler muffins?
All purpose flour
Baking powder, Baking soda
Plain yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
Vegetable oil or olive oil, canola oil
What is a streusel topping?
Sweet buttery streusel is great topping with crumbly texture on muffins, pies and cakes and simple to make from only few ingredients.You can make it up to three days ahead and keep
it in airtight container in refrigerator before use. It takes simple recipes to a higher level.
How to make streusel topping?
In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir. Add the cold butter to this mixture and rub it in with your hands until crumbly. Set aside.
How to make it crumbly?
The trick is in adding small pieces of cold butter in a mixture by rubbing it in after all other ingredients are mixed together, this will give the streusel topping crumbly texture otherwise it may turn into sticky dough.
How to prepare muffins?
Make muffin butter : Start by preheating the oven to 375 F and line a 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar and whisk together until combined then add diced peaches reserving about 3/4 cup for topping the muffins, and stir to coat. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, yogurt and oil and stir that mixture into dry mixture until just combined.
Assemble muffins : Portion the batter out into the muffin cups evenly (about 3/4 full). Add the remaining chunks of peaches on top and a spoonful of the streusel topping in each cup.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean, pay attention not to over-bake them so they keep moist inside.When done remove muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Muffins can be stored in refrigerator and stay soft and moist up to 3-5 days. Well sealed they can be frozen up to 2-6 months.To defrost leave them in fridge overnight. You can heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven.
- Standard Muffin Pan
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cold
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or olive oil, canola oil
- 2 large peaches , cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 2 cups) divided
- For the streusel topping:
Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir. Add the cold butter and with your hands, rub butter and flour mixture together until crumbly. Set aside.
- For the muffins:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large muffin pan with 12 muffin paper liners.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar to a large bowl and whisk together to combine. Add the peaches, reserving about 3/4 cup for topping the muffins, and stir to coat.
- Whisk eggs, yogurt and oil in a medium bowl. Stir into dry mixture until just combined. Portion the batter out into the muffin cups evenly (about 3/4 full).
- Top the muffins with the remaining chunks of peaches and a spoonful of the streusel topping. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.