I was snowed in for most of last week. Now, when I say “snowed in,” I don’t mean that I literally couldn’t get the doors open. I could. But my car was absolutely covered with snow and ice. And so i start cleaning snow off car only to discover that my car battery is so dead that it wont take a jump.
So it was a time for Plan B, but the extreme wind chills made it unbearable to walk more than a block, not to mention that roads were a slick, icy mess.Due to all of these factors, I thought it was best that I just stay home, but soon i was realized that I was snowed in without any sweets at all. Just…Ugh
Luckily, I had a bag of m&m’s and this little m&m cookie cups recipe up my sleeve.
It was truth. A plain, bold, delicious, candy truth.
To make these fun little snacks, all you need is your favorite cookie cups recipe (or store bought cookie dough) and a package of m&m’s. If you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with a little get together or sending treats for kids at school, whatever the reason, the m&m’s really make these cookie cups extra cute.
- cookie dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 m&m dark chocolate bag (1.69 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray muffin pans with baking spray or use silicone muffin pan.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl, gradually add both sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk until combined.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Roll dough into balls 1.5 inches thick.
- Place them in the muffin pan (do not squish down yet!) and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown but not too dark around the edges.
- Remove from oven and use a shot glass or similar object to press your baked cookies down as soon as they come out of the oven.
- It creates a perfect hole for your m&m's to dive in !
- Let cool 15-20 minutes in pan and Add about 1 tbsp of m&m's to each cup and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or freeze for a convenient treat.