It’s so easy to combine yummy Oreo cookies with a decadent pudding and cream cheese mixture for the best frozen oreo dessert recipe. Light, Cool and Creamy Frozen Oreo Dessert is the ultimate oreo treat for any Oreo fan!
So How Do You Eat Your Oreos?
Twist Apart? Dunk in Milk? or Bite Right In? I would like to hear from you, don’t hesitate to comment.
I haven’t met anyone that doesn’t love Oreo cookies and they are amazing combined with the cream cheese and vanilla pudding mixture.
Frozen Oreo Dessert is one of those desserts that are really simple to prepare but leave everyone coming back for more.
To make this easy oreo dessert recipe, you will need:
INSTANT vanilla pudding
How to make frozen oreo dessert:
From start to finish, this dessert only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. It does need to set up in the fridge for a few hours, but it takes little work and the result is amazing.
OREO COOKIES :
First, you need to start out crushing your Oreo cookies, by putting them in a food processor or Ziploc bag and crushing with hands,
rolling pin, or the bottom of a cup. Reserve about 1 cup for topping, and press rest of the Oreos into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
PUDDING/CREAM CHEESE :
In another bowl, make pudding by mixing milk and pudding mix. Let this set up for a few minutes. In another bowl, cream your cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the vanilla pudding and fold in whipped topping.
LAYER : Pour the cream cheese/pudding mixture over the Oreos. Then top with reserved crushed Oreos.
CHILL : Place in fridge and let set for a few hours before serving.
Why did my Oreo Dessert come out soupy?
This dessert should be able to hold its shape and have a fluffy creamy texture. If yours turned out soupy there are few things to check and try:
– You must make sure you bought INSTANT pudding
– Use whole milk
– Mix pudding and milk until it takes on a creamy pudding consistency.
– Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes before combining it with the other ingredients
FOLD do not Mix: When you add the whipped cream to the pudding cream cheese mixture, make sure you are gently folding the ingredients together.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving
Frozen Oreo Dessert
- 1 pkg regular Oreo
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- Place the whole package of Oreos in a plastic bag and crush them. It will give you both small and chunky pieces (I prefer it this way!). Save about 1 cup to sprinkle on top of dessert when it's done.
- Press Oreo crumbs into bottom of 9 X 13 pan, and pour melted butter over oreos. Make vanilla pudding by mixing pudding mix and milk and let it setup in the fridge.
- Using electric mixer, mix softened cream cheese, and confectioners sugar in a large bowl, add vanilla pudding and mix well. Fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture and spread over Oreos.
- Sprinkle with reserved Oreo crumbs on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve, about 3 hours. Enjoy!