Looking for a quick, easy and refreshing Summer dessert recipe? Try out delicious No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Dessert ! This dessert is an absolute sensation – an Chocolate chip cookie crust topped with a light and creamy, raspberry yogurt filling, filled with fresh raspberries and crowned with whipped cream. Pretty much heaven on a plate. If you want, you can also add in some fresh blueberries as well, which makes a perfect red, white, and blue dessert for your Memorial Day or 4th of July BBQ’s.
I was talking on Facebook the other day about few buzz words that seem to grab peoples attention and promote a recipe to Social Media Sharing Gangbusters status, and how I will try to shy away from using those recipe-related adjectives. These words include: Skinny, Quick, Easy, No Bake, Only 3 Ingredients, Perfect or Best Ever, You’ll Never Guess The Secret Ingredient!
Sometimes, however, I do invent a recipe that inadvertently falls into one of those Gangbusters categories that people seem to like.
This No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Dessert, for example, takes 20 minutes, just 6 ingredients and zero baking. The hardest part about making this dessert is waiting for it to set in the fridge.
It also tastes amazing in a way that seems to contradict the number of ingredients and short amount of time it took to make. Also it looks very festive with some fresh blueberries on top as well, which makes a perfect red, white, and blue dessert.
While this dessert is perfect for the upcoming Memorial Day and 4th of July BBQ, it’s also perfect for a number of other summer parties as well!
And during summer, there are no rules, right? So who says you can’t have your dessert first before eating anything else?
Play that grown-up card and eat your slice of pie when that hunger hits!
HOW To MAKE No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Ice Box Dessert
Easy No Bake Crust: The Chocolate chip cookie crust is homemade, but you could easily use a store-bought Oreo crust or even a graham cracker crust,
if you must, but chocolate and raspberries always taste fantastic together.
Also, the key to a great no-bake crust is letting it refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before topping it with the filling.
Yogurt/Berry Filling: I’ve made this ice box dessert using raspberry yogurt and fresh raspberries,
You can try it with strawberry yogurt and fresh/frozen strawberries or even vanilla yogurt and mixed berries.
Use your favorite yogurt flavor, sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs, and carefully spread whipped topping evenly over cookie crumbs.
Then all you need to do is chill (that’s why they call it Ice Box ’cause the fridge is doing all of the work!).
Raspberries & Blueberries: Top the dessert with fresh raspberries and blueberries. You could also use strawberries or even blackberries.
- 24 chocolate chip cookies (such as Chips Ahoy), crushed, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 4 containers (4 oz each) raspberry yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Crush 18 of the cookies into fine crumbs, and the remaining 6 to ¼ inch crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix fine cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press cookie crumbs/butter mixture into a greased 9 inch springform pan to form a crust and refrigerate.
- In medium bowl fold ½ cup raspberries into yogurt and spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over yogurt mixture.
- Carefully spread whipped topping evenly over cookie crumbs.
- Freeze 4 to 5 hours or until firm. Remove sides of pan.
- Top with blueberries and remaining raspberries. Store in freezer.
Craving more NO BAKE Recipes ?
Looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe with only 15 minutes of hands-on time ? Try out delicious No Bake Chocolate Eclair Icebox Cake !
No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake – A perfect red, white, and blue no bake summer dessert for your Memorial Day, 4th of July BBQ’s or any family get-togethers…