If you’re not in the mood to head to the restaurant, but you’re craving that plate of “fancy restaurant Chicken”, then you’re going to love this easy Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken. All you need is one skillet, a few fresh ingredients and soon enough you’ll have restaurant style Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken for dinner.
Tired of boring, dried out chicken?
In that case, you’re in the right place, because the type of food most searched for on this blog is “CHICKEN”. Chicken is popular because it is go-to dish for all occasions, and there are so many options of what to do with it, just like pasta, almost anything tastes great with chicken! Well, this chicken dish features a flavorful combination of mushrooms and garlic, while the sundried tomato cream has a rich, creamy and almost sweet flavor that is brightened with white wine, served over perfectly juicy and tender chicken breast.
All made in one skillet for easy clean up!
Which tells me that you are just like me in the fact that sometimes you just need an easy meal to feed the troops, taste good and has a “wow” factor that’s always appreciated!
As for the sauce, there is something about sundried tomato, that just makes anything taste better. Perhaps the reason why sun-dried tomatoes have such a rich taste is dehydration: with all the water gone, the flavor is more concentrated. And when they simmer in this sauce, they become really soft and the juices from them are what makes this sauce so delicious.
While there are so many variations, since discovering this recipe for Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken, I’ve honestly stop using any of them, because it produces great results with much less effort, and so I wanted to share it with all of you.
Try this recipe, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make very flavorful chicken and not boring at all 🙂
That said, this is a rich dish, so I recommend serving it with something that is NOT rich. Try it with roasted potatoes and a mix of green and white asparagus or broccoli, with freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts , halved
- 2 Tablespoons oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, or olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablesppons fresh basil, thinly sliced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- * ⅓ cup fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil, garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Then add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are just soft, stirring frequently. Add wine, chicken broth, and cream.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken and sprinkle with the fresh basil.
- Serve with steamed Broccoli and/or freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.