The smell of freshly baked croissants….
Nothing beats the smell of fresh, hot croissants first thing in the morning,
You might think such an experience could only come from living above a bakery in France, but there is this amazing little bakery close to where we live and they have the BEST croissants.
So, while trying to stop myself from buying these oh so good croissants (they are a little pricey and I need to stop myself from grabbing them every single morning), I decided that as a reward for not giving in to my croissant desires, I need to bake something with croissants over the weekend.
So, I needed a simple, summery, breakfasty, cake-like-but-not-dessert-like recipe to make, and seriously, who doesn’t crave having a good, seasonal, berry cake recipe in their morning-treat repertoire ?
The first thing I look for a solution is the internet. My favorite food blogs, Pinterest or Facebook are all full of breakfast-y related recipes…..and to make a long story short I decided to make a small tweak and instead of just blueberries, add an raspberries too. It is absolutely WONDERFUL!
For me, croissants with anything in the morning is a winner- and blueberry and raspberry combination is seriously so light, delicate, simple and but still had that custardy texture.
I hope you all love them!
- 4 large croissants,cut up
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Powdered Sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place croissant pieces in a 9x13 pan.
- Scatter the blueberries and raspberries over the top.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 35 min or until set in centers and golden brown.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.