Might I suggest you to grab a sandwich? Hope you love them, guys. Let me show you the details…..
We’ve all been there: It’s late, you’re scrolling through Pinterest and you see a spicy, meaty, funky, cheesy photo of an Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with a melted chedder and blue cheese running down the side. Immediately, you’re sucked in: You need that Sandwich.
Does anyone else find themselves hungry when they scroll through their Pinterest feed or flip through their favorite food blogs ? You know that feeling ?
Seriously though….I could have just devoured an entire holiday feast and would still find myself craving some cleverly concocted, far too beautifully photographed to eat, dish that some food blogger schemed up in their sleep.
The other night exactly this happened to me again, I stumbled across a photo on Pinterest of a Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.
In that moment, I decided I absolutely had to have some for myself. Hours later I was happy as a kid in a candy store, mindlessly eating my own spicy, meaty, funky, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. Hopefully, I managed to take a couple of shots to show you.
Am I alone on this? Am I really the only one who has to restrain themselves from drooling on the key board with desire?! ( awkward silence 🙂 )
Let me ask you this, what food blogs are you addicted to? What is your staple dish? Do share with the class, I’m always looking for inspiration.
Lastly, might I suggest you to make this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich for dinner, or have some for lunch. Serve them on Game Day, your Birthday or just to celebrate plain old Wednesday Evening.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slice whole wheat bread (preferably fresh)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded chicken
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoon green onion,diced
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot and onion.
- Lightly butter one side of two slices of the bread.
- Flip the slices over and lay them butter side down on your work surface.
- Sprinkle each slice with half of the cheddar, top with the half of buffalo chicken mixture, then half of the blue cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the sandwiches butter side down in the pan and cook on the first side until the bread is golden brown and toasted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Flip the sandwiches using a spatula and continue to cook on the other side until the bread is golden brown.
- You can use the spatula to compress the sandwich as it cooks on the second side.
- Remove the sandwiches from the pan and let them rest for a minute or two, then slice in half (if desired) and serve.
- Serve immediately.