Are you ready to become a brownie baker extraordinaire? The recipe is simple but sometimes the best things in life are.
In only 30 minutes you will have the perfectly moist chocolate cake that will melt in your mouth.
I got this Lunch Lady Brownie recipe from my relatives, apparently they were originally from a lunch lady in Idaho and received rave reviews to be the best brownies ever, so naturally I decided to prepare it for my household members. They were a huge hit, my household members gobbled it up and even went back for more, even my mother who is very picky.
But really, a chocolate brownie topped with chocolate icing….how could that not be amazing?
I will repeat this recipe this weekend already and once again sweep my household members off their feet.
- 1 cup of Butter ( unsalted) , melted
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Chopped Nuts (optional)
- The Chocolate Icing Recipe:
- ¼ cup of softened Butter
- ¼ cup of Milk
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- Using a mixer, blend melted butter and cocoa until smooth.
- Add flour, and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs, vanilla, and nuts(if you are using them).
- Mix until combined. Do not over stir.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Wait only about 10 minutes to frost brownies.
- Frost them while they are warm (not hot).
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Pour and spread over brownies.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.