- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 16 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut,vanilla, powdered sugar and almonds until mixture is smooth.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls by rolling a spoonful in the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour until firm.
- In a bowl melt dark chocolate chips.
- Dip the almond balls into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Let the truffles sit until hard, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to package directions.
- Place in a small baggie and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Carefully drizzle white chocolate over truffles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hours allowing to the truffles to become firm.
Not a tradtional Christmas cookie, but still hearty enough and delicious. Your family and friends are sure to love them.
Note : This post contains two pages
Read our blog about this Homemade Almond Joy Truffles, with additional photos, at Page 1.