There are certain holiday traditions that most people follow, but the thing that makes each family unique is the traditions that they have created on their own.
Most of the Christmas Traditions that we had enjoyed growing up were a combination of those things that our parents either have created on their own or inherited from their parents.
One Christmas Eve, while we’re on the upper floor in the our rooms, the reindeer(usually our mom) come and leave two cookies and truffles and note saying they wanted to figure out where our stockings were to let Santa know. And also to remind us kids to get to bed early so Santa can come.
Since this is a food blog, i will skip the Wishes and Gifts part for now and continue with the story of truffles that reindeer has left for us.
These were not ordinary truffles, they were stuffed with coconut flakes and almonds, like almond joy bars. I know that Almond Joy bars might not be a traditional Christmas treat, and truffles aren’t really a Cristmas traditional cookie, but these ones has become a family favorite.
Need I say more? let’s prepare some delicious Almond Joy Truffles…..
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 16 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut,vanilla, powdered sugar and almonds until mixture is smooth.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls by rolling a spoonful in the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour until firm.
- In a bowl melt dark chocolate chips.
- Dip the almond balls into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Let the truffles sit until hard, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to package directions.
- Place in a small baggie and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Carefully drizzle white chocolate over truffles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hours allowing to the truffles to become firm.
Not a tradtional Christmas cookie, but still hearty enough and delicious. Your family and friends are sure to love them.