Caramel Apple Salad is a super simple, delicious fall salad! It only take a few ingredients and couple minutes to whip up, and is always a hit at parties.
With the weather chilling down, everyone has Fall on their minds!
Sunny days give way to foggy nights, and while saying so long to summer isn’t easy, there’s a lot to look forward to with the start of the new season. From cozy knits to crisp autumn days to the return of the delicious fall flavors we’ve been waiting for all year (hello, cinnamon apple), the cooler months ahead are brimming with things to get excited about. Since smells evoke memories, kick off the season by nose-diving into some heartwarming nostalgia with signature fall fragrances by way of your favorite fall desserts.
OK, let’s get back to the today recipe.
Can I suggest you yet another delicious way to welcome fall and eat Your favorite Fall fruit, or what I like to call a SALAD you’ll want for a dessert.
You know, the kind of fruit salad that’s loaded with whipped cream, butterscotch pudding and pineapples – it reminds me of those caramel apples you get at the fair in summer.
Is it a salad or is it dessert???
Yes, this Caramel Apple Salad is a salad, that being said, I personally find sweet salads to be more of a dessert. There is a taste of caramel apples in every bite.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 oz package butterscotch pudding mix, sugar-free fat-free
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple, crushed (undrained)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, pineapple with juice, cinnamon and mix well.
- Gently stir in apples and whipped topping and refrigerate 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce.