Summer Berry Cheesecake Salad – delicious, absolutely loaded with berries tossed in a thick, rich and creamy cheesecake mixture, a must have for all picnics, BBQ’s, potlucks, and family get-togethers…
Light the BBQ!! Summer is almost here.
School is nearly out, and that means picnics, BBQ’s, potlucks, and family get-togethers are almost upon us. At the very thought of get-togethers, things start popping up in my mind.
What should I make or bring ?
What will people like? And, more importantly, what will be easy?
All of you who have been hanging out with me, know I am a lover of salads, that being said, I think salads are a perfect way to throw a bunch of yummy ingredients together in one bowl and enjoy. Fruit salad….in my opinion the essential summer dish….so many different options and so simple to throw together!
Yes, this Summer Berry Cheesecake Salad is a salad, that being said, I personally find sweet salads to be more of a dessert type. But that doesn’t mean it’s really super healthy or anything but in my mind because I am adding 4 full cups of fruit, then it’s balancing out. And in terms of calories, still a much healthier option than a pan of brownies or frosted sugar cookies….just as popular, maybe more.
Am I right?
So bring it along to any summer potluck or barbecue and it’s guaranteed to be a hit with never any leftovers.
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix
- 12 oz whipped topping
- 3 (6 oz) containers strawberry yogurt
- 2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 3 bananas, sliced (add just before serving or they brown)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Place the whipped topping, pudding mix and yogurt into a large bowl. Whisk together. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving (at least an hour).
- When you are ready to serve, slice the strawberries and bananas.
- Remove whipped cream/pudding mixture from refrigerator and gently fold in sliced strawberries, berries, sliced bananas and marshmallows, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.