Ridiculously delicious and embarrassingly easy to make Peanut Butter Balls….
A couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through Pinterest when an image of some sort of peanut butter balls caught my attention – yet another super popular recipe that can be found on many, many delicious dessert blogs. Since these have been on my must-to-make list for years and years, and I just couldn’t stand to wait another! This recipe is not elegant or fancy, but it is ridiculously delicious and there’s no baking involved, all the ingredients are just tossed into a bowl and stirred, It takes very little time, very little effort and it’s a great recipe for little kiddies to help with.
Need I say more? let’s prepare some delicious Peanut Butter Balls….
use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to measure enough batter to form a 1-inch ball.
Roll each scoop between your hands to form a small ball.
Place the formed balls on a wax paper lined cookie tray and chill in the refrigerator.
Place a toothpick in each peanut butter ball. This will make chocolate coating cleaner and very easy.Dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate and roll around until coated.Then place the chocolate coated ball on a separate cookie sheet lined with wax paper.Remove the toothpicks from each peanut butter ball.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cup crushed crisped rice cereal( measure out then crush)
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter and melted butter together in a large bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and rice crispies.
- Mix until combined. Form into one inch balls.
- Place the formed balls on a wax paper lined cookie tray and chill in the refrigerator
- for at least 30 minutes before chocolate coating.
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Place a toothpick in each peanut butter ball and dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate and roll around until coated.
- Place the chocolate coated ball on a separate cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Remove the toothpicks from each peanut butter ball.
- Place the balls back in the freezer to let the chocolate set. It should take an hour or two.
- Best to store these in the freezer as well. If you store these in the fridge, they will become slightly soft.
These are super yummy, bet you can’t just eat one !