Hello friends! I’m back today with a Famous Butter Chicken recipe, you can throw these together and have them in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
It all started when I was making my meal menu/grocery list for the week, I have a set of “go-to” meals that could be made quickly with minimum effort and planning, but there I was… stuck!
It was definitely a sick day!
Hopefully, chicken is a wonderful starting point for all kinds of easy meals, in addition of ritz crackers, eggs and butter, simplicity never tasted so good.
With 5 minutes of prep time and around 40 minutes of baking time – wonderful crispy chicken was ready. It’s totally true and totally amazing, I’ve been staring at serving plate for 10 minutes, all googly-eyed and unsure of what to say, Impressive and expeditious are two adjectives which come to mind when describing these crispy, tender Butter Chicken served with a simple side salad or a favorite veggie.
Don’t let the limited number of ingredients fool you, I know you’ll absolutely love this Famous Butter Chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ritz crackers or similar butter crackers, crushed
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a few pieces of butter in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan, make sure that there are no dry spots.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together crackers, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Place beaten eggs in another medium size bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, and then dredge in the cracker mixture, coating it completely.
- Place each coated chicken breast in a pan, and put remaining pieces of butter, over the top of chicken breasts.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.