When it comes to friendships, I feel blessed to know that I have met some wonderful people over the years – each one unique and special in its own way.
Most of them are the friends I’ve known since childhood – I think these friendships have some special line. There are the friends I made in high school or college, those that spent hours preparing for an exam, playing basketball or running with me. The roommates who were my second family. And of course, there are the friends I’ve made because of this blogging world, who share my passion for cooking and baking, and all things food.
You know that as people get older, they get more stubborn, and so some of my best friends are born stubborn in their refusal to try new things. Can you image the look on their faces when I mentioned that i’m planning to make something with Brussels sprouts or asparagus over the weekend ?? priceless 🙂
But thankfully they share my passion for sweets ! I have something today, which I’m sure they’ll love it – and when it comes down to it, these are the best recipes of all: simple, quick, and utterly delicious.
This No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake is SO good, so good that you’ll want to eat the entire batch yourself. It’s so simple to make and so flexible that you could even put it into mini dessert shooters and use mini spoons. The options are endless and you could even swap out the strawberries and bananas for other fruits! Plus this No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake is budget friendly since it uses only a few ingredients.
“Can we skip dinner tonight and eat these right away ?”
- 19 oz graham crackers
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 3½ cups heavy cream
- 1 banana, sliced thin
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt with the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the cream mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Spread a thin layer of heavy cream mix in a 9x13 pan just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more,breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a thick layer of heavy cream mix over grahams and top with a hearty layer of sliced strawberries.
- Place graham crackers on top of strawberries, then heavy cream mix, then layer of thinly sliced bananas.
- Repeat the graham-strawberries-cream layers 1 more time (3 times total) and you should reach the top of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- Top with a few sliced strawberries or whole strawberries if you desired.
- Serve chilled.