Sausage, potatoes, bell peppers and onions oven-roasted with garlic powder in an olive oil.
What to Cook When You Don’t Have Time to Cook:
You know the feeling when you get home after a long day, it can be really hard to figure out how to cook healthy meals when you still have a million things to do and all you want to do is lie on the couch.
I definitely know the feeling. When I worked in an office all day, I had absolutely no motivation to cook and at the end of the day, it can be really tricky to get something healthy together for dinner. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not whining. Anyway. The point I’m trying to make is this: I love easy. I need easy. And when it comes to making easy meals you can’t beat the oven, which allows you to make hearty home cooked meals with minimal effort. And isn’t that what simple cooking day to day is all about? So making this dinner is probably even less work than going out or getting takeout, and– HELLO! It’s Roasted potatoes, onions, sausage and peppers roast in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil! What’s not to love?!
- 1 package (at least 1 lb) of your favorite sausage links ( Italian Chicken/Turkey Sausage, Johnsonvilles, whatever you like. i used polish sausages)
- 1.5 lb (about 4 decent-sized) potatoes
- 1 small jar banana peppers
- 1 Green bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 Large red onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Slice sausages into thin rounds, about ⅕ inch thick.
- Cut the potatoes into small 1" x ½ inch pieces.
- Slice onion into strips and separate the layers.
- Remove seeds from peppers and slice into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9x11 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, bell peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix well to be sure everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly.
- place all ingredients on prepared baking pan and top with sliced banana peppers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Use a spoon to toss so nothing sticks or burns.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your potatoes and sausage.