Say hello to morning with a big slice of this tasty Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake!
I’m a morning person. I always have been. Back when I was a little kid, I’d wake up at 5:30am.
I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I’d get up and read comic books, or watch cartoons. And not those new-aged cartoons where everyone gets a trophy. I’m talking Tom & Jerry, Popeye and Wile E. Coyote. (And eat some sort of a melt in your mouth kind of coffee cake and some milk.) To be fair, it just slightly reminds me of a coffee cake flavor, but definitely more moist.
Instead of a crumb topping, you have an ooey gooey cinnamon and glaze topping, which sinks in as it bakes. They are hills and valleys of cinnamon and glaze.
Yup, I’m talking about Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake !!
So, if you like Cinnamon rolls, then you owe it to yourself to try this Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake!
It’s the kind of cake that can be served for breakfast along with a steaming mug of coffee. Or you can pull this one out for dessert and again with a steaming mug of coffee. or some milk if you are little kid
No matter how you prefer your coffee cake, I hope you enjoy this one! It’s good. Like really good!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the cake ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Spread evenly on the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until it is a consistency like pancake syrup.
- While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake and it will set into a harder glaze.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.