What happens when you’ve had a long week and have a craving for strawberry shortcake, but don’t feel like turning on your oven ? These simple no-bake treats are just what you need.
Have you been avoiding making cake pops too? Well, don’t.
Cake Pops seems like a perfectly logical choice to me, they are just like truffles quite simply the best and easiest thing to make on earth. So easy to whip up and you ONLY need 4 ingredients.
Angel Food Cake, Whipped cream, Strawberries and White chocolate !!! Yes I know a basic math, but adding vanilla and lollipop sticks makes them prettier. So make that 6 ingredients.
Well, try this Strawberry shortcake pops out. They will change your life.
- 12 oz angel food cake (the round kind)
- 1 lb strawberries, diced in very small pieces
- 16 oz Fluffy White Frosting
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 1 pound white chocolate candy coating
- Lollipop sticks
- Using your hands, crumble up the angel food cake as much as you can and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in white frosting and gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper.
- * If the mixture too sticky to handle, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a couple of minutes until firm enough to handle.
- Cut or break lollipop sticks in half, and twist stick into the center of each cake ball, about halfway in.
- Freeze the balls for about an hour before dipping.
- In a bowl melt white chocolate candy coating.
- Dip pops in melted white chocolate to cover and place on parchment paper to set.
- Keep pops in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!