With the weather warming up, everyone has Spring on their minds!
Foggy nights give way to sunny days, the air tinged with crispness. People smile more. Neighbor noise more bearable, even our “Zombie” neighbor. Strangers are a little less mean (except when parking spaces are involved). The first of the spring things are popping up at markets: rosy rhubarb and strawberries, asparagus , spring onions, and pale green garlic. And what better way to celebrate the glorious sunny weather than to savour the earlier-than-expected arrival of this year’s first crop of delicious strawberries.
Yup, It’s Strawberry Time Again !!!!! The much awaited spring gardening delicacy has finally arrived.
OK, let’s get back to the today recipe. Can I suggest you yet another delicious way to welcome spring and eat Your favorite Berry, or what I like to call a “potluck salad.”
You know, the kind of fruit salad that’s loaded with whipped cream, pudding and marshmallows – salad you’ll want for a dessert.
Easy to make Strawberry Cheesecake Salad and definately easy to go makes the most perfect salad for any potluck or family gathering. Which is good, because it tends to get a bit runny when it sits overnight, so you don’t want any leftovers. Just be sure not to add the fruit and marshmallows until just before serving!
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix
- 12 oz whipped topping
- 3 (6 oz) containers strawberry yogurt
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced (add just before serving or they brown)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Place the whipped topping, pudding mix and yogurt into a large bowl. Whisk together. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving (at least an hour).
- When you are ready to serve, slice the strawberries and bananas.
- Remove whipped cream/pudding mixture from refrigerator and gently fold in strawberries, bananas and marshmallows, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.