With the Superbowl being a few weekends ago, we are still trying to get over the Broncos loss, but that is not going to stop me from eat away our football sorrows.
That’s right, i’m speaking of my favourite Super Bowl snacks, Jalapeno Popper bites, super easy and super tasty game day appetizer. Crunchy, salty, and cheesy – three things I’m looking for when there’s a ball game on. Most of you have probably heard of jalapeno popper dip which is all the goodness of cheese and jalapeno poppers in dip form, but this is even better becouse it stuffs the same dip in crispy crescent roll dough skin. They come together quickly and aren’t messy, making them the perfect bite size snack. Make this and you’ll score a few extra points with your guests.
- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz. diced jalapeno peppers (canned or pickled)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 onions, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
- Working with half of the dough at time, roll your crescent roll dough out onto a large cutting work surface, to about ⅛-inch thickness.
- Using a Square Cookie Cutter, cut the dough into 6-8 3-inch Square skins (or size that you want)
- *You can reroll the dough-scraps into 1 or 2 more skin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and onions until combined.
- In the center of each skins, add about 1½ tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- With fingertip brush water on the edge of the skin and fold in half and pressing it hard with your fingertips to make sure the skins stick together well.
- Crimp the edges of the skins with a fork and make sure to seal the edges well, or the mixture will ooze out.
- Place the stuffed skins on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart (2 at least)
- Brush them with olive oil evenly so that the skins would get crispy.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot & fresh out of the oven :)
Appetizers don’t have to be complicated. These little jalapeño popper bites can be made ahead and baked just before serving.